The MSCL is looking for an Evaluation Coordinator.
As an evaluation coordinator, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working on science communication research. You will ensure the quality of MSCL’s experiments and studies by coordinating their summative or formative evaluation and, in some cases, planning, conducting and evaluating them yourself. For this purpose, you will use methods of empirical social research. In addition, you will be responsible for the development of standardized, ethical and scalable evaluation concepts as a basis for various formats of science communication (especially events and exhibitions):
- The teaching of evaluation methods to science communicators and the compilation of appropriate teaching and practice material for workshops.
- Guiding the whole process of evaluation (planning, implementation, evaluation, publication) of science communication activities in a team with experts in science communication practice, planetary health researchers and other stakeholders in science communication.
- Coordination and implementation of the evaluation or support of the responsible persons with the aim of an efficient, valid and reliable data collection.
- Evaluating the evaluation and advising stakeholders on how to interpret the results.
- Collaboration with the communication science research team in the further development of evaluation methods and in the scientific publication of the findings
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and independent person with enthusiasm for science communication, who is willing to familiarize himself/herself with scientific tasks and who is interested in application-oriented questions in the field of evaluation.
You have a university degree (master’s, diploma) in communication science, psychology, education, or an economic or social science discipline. You have experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of quantitative and qualitative methods of empirical social research in general, as well as their application in the context of summative or formative evaluation. You are able to communicate this knowledge in an international and transdisciplinary context and, conversely, to pick up on the ideas and goals of the other participants. Ideally, you have already gained professional experience in the field of science communication or are enthusiastic about science communication in the context of Planetary Health.
What we offer:
We offer you an interesting and responsible job with good opportunities for further training and development. This also includes academic development in the context of a doctorate or habilitation. Your workplace is centrally located in Munich and is easily accessible by public transport. The position is graded according to TV-L, pay group E13. The position is limited until 30.11.2026 due to the duration of the associated research project.
Part-time employment is possible in principle.
Severely disabled persons will be given preference if their qualifications are essentially the same.
Please send your informative application documents by e-mail (one PDF complete including the cover letter, max. 2MB) by 21.08.2023 at the latest to the:
Munich Science Communication Lab