Latest News: Call for Papers
We are organizing the post-conference Authentic Voices in Science Communication at the 73rd Annual Conference of the ICA on May 30, 2023.
You can find more information on the post-conference and the call here.
The Munich Science Communication Lab (MSCL) is a non-profit joint initiative of scientists and science communicators that aims at bringing together research about and practice of science communication.
The lab is hosted by the Department of Media and Communication at LMU Munich. The Munich Science Communication Lab is jointly led by Executive Director Dr. Bernhard Goodwin and Research Director Dr. Julia Serong.
The MSCL is a joint initiative by:
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)
- Deutsches Museum
- BIOTOPIA Naturkundemuseum Bayern
- Helmholtz Munich – German Research Center for Environmental Health
- MEDIASCHOOL Bayern
- Technische Universität München (TUM)
You can stay up to date with our mailing list. Leave your email address and you will get updates about our projects and information about communicating planetary health.
News & Events
The latest updates
Information on past and current activities
Communicating Planetary Health
Our current research aims at understanding public communication about planetary health. Find out more about this important and dynamic transdiciplinary field in the report of The Rockefeller Foundation–Lancet Commission on planetary health.
The Munich Science Communication Lab is supported by
- Deutsche Allianz Klimawandel und Gesundheit (KLUG)
- Deutsche Journalistenschule (DJS)
- Global Health Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- City of Munich / Department of Arts and Culture
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine