The 2021 MSCL Symposium happened virtually on July 29th, 2021.
Planetary Health as a Wicked Problem for Science Communication
Session 1 with keynotes and discussion moderated by Michael John Gorman (BIOTOPIA / LMU Munich).
- Sarah Davies, Professor of Technosciences, Materiality, & Digital Cultures at the Department of Science and Technology Studies, University of Vienna.
- Sam Myers, Principal Research Scientist at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Director of the Planetary Health Alliance.
Planetary Health in the Media: Chances and Risks of a New Approach
Session 2: Conversation moderated by Bernhard Goodwin (LMU Munich / Mediaschool Bayern) with:
- Philipp Dettmer, Information Designer, Kurzgesagt.
- Henriette Löwisch, School Director of the Deutsche Journalistenschule DJS.
- Astrid Viciano, Editor of Medien-Doktor Gesundheit, medical reporter.
Moderation: Christof Mauch, Director of the Rachel Carson Center for Environment & Society, LMU Munich.
- Julia Pongratz, Chair of Physical Geography and Land Use Systems, LMU Munich.
- Constanze Rossmann, Professor of Communication Science, University of Erfurt.
- Helmuth Trischler, Professor of Modern History and the History of Technology at LMU Munich, Head of Research at Deutsches Museum.